Stephen Smith | 2/6/2018 10:25:04 PM
WORK LOCATION: Office of Development, LSU AgCenter, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
NATURE OF POSITION: The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture are seeking an individual to join the development team. The LSU AgCenter, is one of nine campuses within the broader LSU enterprise (LSU System). The LSU AgCenter includes the Louisiana Agricultural Experiment Station, which conducts agricultural-based research, and the Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service, which extends the knowledge derived from research to the people of the state. The AgCenter is headquartered in Baton Rouge and has 13 “on campus” academic departments and five regions which are made up of 17 branch research stations and an extension office in each parish. For more information, visit the AgCenter’s web site at www.lsuagcenter.com.
Administratively aligned with the AgCenter is the LSU A&M campus’s College of Agriculture which oversees the teaching function. The College of Agriculture is the first choice for dynamic and transformative academic experiences in agricultural sciences through innovation and collaboration in a diverse, supportive and personal environment. It has eleven academic departments, ten of which are shared with the AgCenter, and a comprehensive array of programs that encompass all aspects of agriculture. The COA web site can be found at www.lsu.edu/agriculture.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: As part of the Development team, design, implement, and manage the overall vision for development. This position is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects with the capacity to make a financial commitment in the form of a major gift or bequest.
• Maintains a portfolio of major gift prospects and ensures the dean and VP of Agriculture is engaged with high-level donors, prospective donors, and volunteers;
• Establish an engagement plan for each prospect within the portfolio that is focused on fulfilling the prospect’s interests and passions, subsequently executing that plan and modifying it as circumstances change;
• Build and maintain a portfolio of new and long-term partnerships with agricultural based corporations and individuals that advance the mission and stated priorities of LSU.
• Maintain a rigorous portfolio of contacts, create and facilitate moves management plans, develop compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals.
• Identify emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing high value corporate alliances.
• Utilizes a variety of strategies for fundraising which may include advisory committees, special events, annual giving, specialized areas of giving, etc.
• Works closely with AgCenter and College of Agriculture administrators, faculty, and staff to track and plan the identification of, cultivation of, and contact with donor prospects;
• Works with department and school heads on all philanthropic endeavors;
• Recruits and engages volunteers, clientele, alumni and friends on special projects and collaborative partnerships;
• Assists in the communication and coordination of activities with fundraising agencies, including the LSU Foundation, LSU Alumni Association, Tiger Athletic Foundation offices and outside parties;
• Utilizes the donor database effectively to document progress with donors and track interactions;
• Works with the Director of Alumni Relations and Stewardship to develop appropriate donor recognition opportunities;
• Works collaboratively with colleagues across campus;
• Meets annual metrics and goals to a satisfactory level;
• Attends events or meetings as needed and performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and at least three years’ experience that involves fundraising or a related field is required. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, Strong relationship building skills are required. Ability to self-motivate, adapt, and work independently representing the organization in a professional, positive manner as well as proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and social media programs is required. Experience working in an agricultural or a university environment and familiarity with electronic university advancement database is preferred. Ability and willingness to travel 50% and occasionally work evenings and weekends is necessary.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The LSU AgCenter has an attractive benefits package with a wide variety of benefit options. Benefits offered include retirement, multiple medical insurance options, supplemental insurances (dental, life, long-term disability, accident, vision, long-term care, etc.), Tax Saver Flexible Benefits Plan (saves tax dollars on some child care and medical expenses), university holidays (14 per year, typically includes a week off at Christmas), generous annual (vacation) and sick leave benefits, Employee Assistance Program, and possible educational leave and tuition exemption for coursework at campuses of the LSU System. Specific benefits depend on job category, percent effort and length of employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE:March 1, 2018 or until suitable candidate is located.
DATE AVAILABLE: Upon completion of interview process.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Must apply online at https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU (or through Workday for internal applicants) by attaching a cover letter with resume, university transcripts, and three letters of reference. Paper, faxed or e-mailed application materials will not be accepted, except that in lieu of attaching the reference letters online, they may be sent directly to:
Senior Director of Development
102 J. Norman Efferson Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Web site: www.lsuagcenter.com