Sarah Isom | 3/29/2017 5:02:09 PM
In this article:
|4-H Day at the Capitol|
|4-H Sewing Club|
|Dairy & Beef Poster Contest|
|Nutrition Month Tips|
your calendars for 4-H day at the Capitol on Wednesday, May 31, 2017. More details will follow.
The sewing club meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 1956 Carrollwood Drive, Laplace, Louisiana. Mrs. Bobbie Zaidain is the instructor and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark your calendar for 4-H University on June 20-24 at LSU. 4-H’ers can participate in different contest areas. More information will be sent out at a later date.
Achievement Day will be held on April 24, 2017 at
East St. John High School beginningat 9:30 a.m
It’s that time again to start promoting the Beef and Dairy Contest. Call the office at 985-497-3261 for more information concerning the 4-H Beef and Dairy Contest rules.
Louisiana Outdoor Science and Technology camp will be held July 30-August 2,
2017 for 4-H’ers in 7th – 8th grade (as of May 2017) at
Camp Grant Walker. Tracks to participate include videography, wetlands,
outdoor adventures, SET and more. Campers will also have free time for
recreation activities. More information will be sent out later.
By Cynthia Clifton
Cool Cucumber Yogurt Dip
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup baby carrots
1 cup broccoli florets
1. Place the yogurt and sour cream in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds by scraping them out with a spoon. Grate one half of the cucumber until you have ½ cup grated cucumber. Reserve the remaining cucumber. Place the grated cucumber in the mixing bowl with the yogurt and sour cream.
3. Add lemon juice, garlic powder, dried dill weed, salt, and black pepper. Stir until the ingredients are evenly mixed.
4. Cover the dip and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour. Stir again just before using.
5. Cut the remaining cucumber into ¼ inch slices. Arrange the cucumber slices, baby carrots and broccoli florets on a platter. Serve with Cool Cucumber Yogurt Dip.
The Student Poetry Contest is sponsored by the Youth Wetlands Program. The contest is open to Louisiana youth in grades 3-12. The theme is LOUISIANA’S COAST: Why is it Important? The rules and entry form is attached.
Summer camp will be held July 3-7, 2017 at Camp Grant Walker for club members in grades 4th – 6th, seven fun-filled tracks. Scholarships are available. Call the 4-H office 985-497-3261 for more information. Deadline to turn in registration papers is April 20, 2017.