Bruce Schultz | 4/11/2017 3:54:50 PM
(04/11/17) MANSURA, La. – A dozen people will be honored April 29 as the newest selections for the Louisiana 4-H Hall of Fame.
The ceremony will be held 1-3 p.m. at the LSU AgCenter Avoyelles Parish extension office at 8592 La. Highway 1 in Mansura.
Since the Hall of Fame started in 2008, 193 people from across Louisiana have been inducted at the annual ceremony held at the Louisiana 4-H Museum, housed in the Avoyelles Parish extension office. The first 4-H Club in Louisiana started in Avoyelles Parish in 1908.
A digital kiosk at the museum details the contributions made by each Hall of Fame member.
The new inductees are:
– Troy Landry Mouton, of Vermilion Parish.
– Trina LaCour, of DeSoto Parish.
– Sue Hebert, of Vermilion Parish.
– Nancy Cronan, of Allen Parish.
– Kirk Martin, of Lafayette Parish.
– Joanie Basso, of Ascension Parish.
– Gloria Miller, of St. Charles Parish.
– Robert McManus, of Acadia Parish.
– Jackie Simon, of St. Martin Parish.
– Dan Fontenot, of Pointe Coupee Parish.
– Barbara Arton, of Iberia Parish.
– Maurice Gipson, of Concordia Parish.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture