The 2017 Open Shows will be held during the Rapides Parish Fair, October 11-15, 2017. New this year will be a Youth Open Dairy Show. The show will be held Friday, October 13, 2017. Registration is at 5:30pm. For more information contact Rodney Johnson or Sallye Dugas at (318) 767-3968.
Rules and Regulations for Open Shows
- All classes of this division are open to youth exhibitors from the following parishes: Allen, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Catahoula, Concordia, Evangeline, Grant, LaSalle, Natchitoches, Pointe Coupee, Rapides, Sabine, St. Landry, Vernon, West Feliciana and Winn. Exhibitors from other parishes will be notified of their eligibility after the entry deadline date, provided that barn space is available.
- Exhibitors must be under 20 years of age as of January 1, 2018, to be eligible to participate in the show.
- Animals may enter the barn beginning at 12:00 noon on Thursday, October 12, 2017, and must be in the barn by 12:00 noon on Friday, October 13, 2017. All animals must remain in the barn until 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 15, 2017.
- Entry forms (see link below) must be postmarked on or before October 2, 2017 to be eligible to participate in the Open Shows. These forms should be mailed to: Rapides Parish Fair, 300 Grady Britt Drive, Alexandria, Louisiana 71302. Entry forms may be obtained from your local County Agent.
- All animals must be registered with their respective breed associations and transferred to the name of the youth exhibitor by the entry deadline, October 2, 2017, to be eligible to participate in any of the Open Shows.
- Exhibitors will be limited to one (1) animal per class.
- All exhibitors are required to furnish water, feed troughs, feed and hay. No hay is to be used for feed or bedding in the bedding area. Exhibitors will be responsible for care of their animals and for cleaning stalls and aisles during the fair.
- All animals must be tied in their assigned spaces from 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. each day (except when being groomed and exhibited.) Exhibitors violating this rule will forfeit premium money.
- Premium checks will be mailed to exhibitors following the show. Exhibitors who leave prior to the release time will forfeit all premium money.