Johnny Morgan | 7/6/2016 6:54:11 PM
(07/06/16) BATON ROUGE, La. – The LSU AgCenter, McNeese State University and Hitch Enterprises are sponsoring a beef marketing conference at the State Evacuation Shelter south of Alexandria on Aug. 11.
Registration for the program will begin at 8 a.m., and the program will conclude at 3 p.m.
The beef cattle industry has experienced depressed prices in feeder cattle, finished cattle and cows since last fall, said LSU AgCenter beef specialist Tim Page. The conference is being held because of this trend and the need to increase the value of cattle.
Conference topics will include:
– An overview of the Louisiana livestock industry
– Feeder cattle grading
– Order buyers and retained ownership
– Louisiana stocker cattle operations
– Superior livestock marketing
– Red River livestock marketing
– McNeese State University Calf to Carcass Program
– Hitch Feed Yard changes
– Dominique livestock marketing
– Lafourche Parish F1 heifer sale
– Heifer vaccination program and breeding soundness exam
– McNeese State University Heifer Development Program
– Beef cattle marketing cooperatives/alliances
– Fall forage transition strategies
Conference partners include the LSU AgCenter School of Animal Sciences and McNeese State University.
Government and commercial partners include the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry, the Louisiana Beef Industry Council, Cattle Producers of Louisiana, Dominique Livestock Marketing, Louisiana Cattlemen’s Association, Hitch Enterprises, Superior Livestock, Red River Livestock Auction, Lafourche Parish Cattlemen’s Association and Purina.
“Producers are urged to attend this conference,” Page said. “Some of the topics discussed may help them remain more competitive and profitable.”
Hitch Enterprises will sponsor the steak lunch during the conference.
For more information and to register for the conference, contact Page at 225-578-7906 or email@example.com.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture