|Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department|
|149 E.B. Doran Building - LSU
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
1. “Biocompatible/ Bioabsorbable Silver Nanocomposite Coatings”, Qureshi, AT, Monroe WT, Lopez MJ, Janes ME, Dasa V, Park S, Amirsadeghi A and Hayes DJ, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Accepted for publication September 28, 2010.
2. Dumke JC, El-Zahab B, Challa S, Das S, Chandler L, Tolocka M, Hayes D, and I. Warner. 2010. Lanthanide-Based Luminescent NanoGUMBOS”,. Langmuir., Article ASAP, Publication Date (Web): September 1, 2010. DOI: 10.1021/la102354h
3. Kalkan AK, Henry MR, Li HD, Cuiffi JD, Hayes DJ, Palmer C, and SJ Fonash. 2005. Biomedical/analytical applications of deposited nanostructured Si films”, Nanotechnology 16(8): 1383-1391.
4. Zguris JC, Itle LJ, Hayes D, Pishko MV. 2005. Microreactor microfluidic systems with human microsomes and hepatocytes for use in metabolite studies. Biomedical Microdevices; 7(2):117-25.
5. Hornyak TJ, Hayes DJ, Chiu LY, Ziff EB. 2001. Transcription factors in melanocyte development: distinct roles for Pax-3 and Mitf”, Mechanisms of Development; 101(1-2):47-59.
6. Cuiffi JD, Hayes DJ, Fonash SJ, Brown KN, Jones AD, 2001. Desorption-ionization mass spectrometry using deposited nanostructured silicon films”, Analytical Chemistry., 73 (6): 1292-1295.
7. Kalkan AK, Bae SH, Li HD, Hayes DJ, Fonash SJ. 2000. Nanocrystalline Si thin films with arrayed void-column network deposited by high density plasma”, Journal of Applied Physics 88 (1): 555-561 (2000).
8. Hornyak TJ, Hayes DJ, Ziff EB; 2000. Cell-density-dependent regulation of expression and glycosylation of dopachrome tautomerase/tyrosinase-related protein-2”, Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 115(1):106-12. (2000).
9. Hayes DJ, Cuiffi JD 2005. Nanotechnology in Business”, Abstracts of Papers of the American Chemical Society. 230: U712-U712 37-CHAL.
10. Hornyak TJ, Hayes DJ, Ziff EB. 1999. Pax-3 as a proliferation factor for developing murine melanocytes”, , Journal of Investigative Dermatology; 112 (4): 540-540 (1999).
2008- Present Assistant Professor of Biological Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, La.
2007-2008 President and COO, NanoHorizons, State College, Pa.
2004-2007 Vice President of Operations, NanoHorizons, State College, Pa.
2002-2004 Director of Operations, NanoHorizons, State College, Pa.
1999-2004 Research Assistant, Nanofabrication Facility, Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
1997-1999 Research Assistant, New York University Medical Center, Department of Dermatology, New York, N.Y.
1996-1997 Research Assistant, Penn State University, Department of Nutrition, University Park, Pa.
1992-1995 Midshipman, U.S. Navy, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis Md.
Pennsylvania State University, B.S. in Science (1997)
Pennsylvania State University, Ph.D. in Engineering Science & Mechanics (2004)