For beautiful color all summer long, plant some Serena angelonia (Angelonia angustifolia)
in your garden.
This outstanding summer bedding plant can be relied upon for dependable garden performance through the hottest summer weather. Masses of flower spikes cover the plants from late spring to frost. The four soft colors Serena Purple, Serena Lavender, Serena Lavender Pink and Serena White in this series blend together beautifully.
Serena angelonia requires little maintenance to maintain its low-mounding form. This care-free, continuous bloomer is well-suited to landscapes, gardens and mixed containers. Growing Information:
- Warm-season annual.
- Full sun.
- Grows 12-14” tall by 10-12” wide.
- Space 8-12” apart.
- Plant in late spring through summer.
- Plant in sunny beds after danger of frost is past and the weather is warm and settled.
- Exceptional heat and humidity tolerance.
- Requires little maintenance.
- Low water needs. Provide good drainage.
- Pinching or pruning will delay flowering and make plant habit unattractive.