Washington Parish

Washington Parish, named in honor of the first president of the United States, is located in that part of Louisiana which is called “The Florida Parishes.” It derives its name from the treaty signed by France and England on February 10, 1763. This area was immediately organized as an English colony and named West Florida. Louisiana became a state in 1812, but West Florida did not actually become a part of Louisiana until several months thereafter.

@LSU AgCenterIP

Innovate . Educate . Improve Lives

The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture

Top