Agent/Ag Teacher responsibility:
Kits will consist of a tag and validation envelope. The 2015 validation fee is $5 per validation. This fee should be collected from exhibitors when they submit their validations to parish offices. All checks submitted to the Livestock Show Office must be made out to “Livestock Show Office”. Ag Teacher should request validation kits from parish LSU AgCenter office by date specified by LSU AgCenter parish staff.
Parish Agents will request Market Steer kits for Market Steers from there District Show managers no later than August 1st, 2014
Parish Agents will request validation kits for remaining market and commercial animals from their District Show Manager no later than September 12th, 2014
All validation should be placed in the mail to the Livestock Show Office the day after validations are due to parish offices. The mailing address is as follows:
Livestock Show Office
188 Knapp Hall
110 LSU Union Square
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-0106
Attention: Validation Validation/Possession Deadlines:
August 14, 2014
Must be validated by exhibitor and submitted to Parish LSU AgCenter Office on or by August 14th, 2014 @4:30pm. August 14, 2014 will be the absolute last date to validate market steers for the LSU AgCenter Livestock Show.
Beef & Dairy Commercial Heifers, Market lambs & Commercial Ewes, Market Goats & Commercial Does:
November 6, 2014
Must be validated by exhibitor and submitted to Parish LSU AgCenter Office on or by November 6th, 2014 @ 4:30pm. November 6, 2014 will be the absolute last date to validate Commercial Beef and Dairy Heifers, Market lambs, Commercial Ewes, Market Goats, and Commercial Does for the LSU AgCenter Livestock Shows.
Market & Commercial Hogs:
December 4, 2014
Must be validated by exhibitor and submitted to Parish LSU AgCenter Office on or by December 4th, 2014 @ 4:30pm. . December 4th , 2014 will be the absolute last date to validate Market Hogs for the LSU AgCenter Livestock Show. Exhibitor Responsibility:
- Animals must be in continuous possession of exhibitor from time of validation until the LSU AgCenter State Livestock Show. See rules in 2015 LSU AgCenter State Show catalog or consult the livestock show manager for specific possession rules.
- Exhibitors should request validation kits from agents and ag teachers as per parish guidelines. Each parish LSU AgCenter 4-H office will supply validation kits to exhibitors upon request.
- Validation will consist of ear tagging animal and pulling a hair sample; hair sample should be placed in a properly identified validation envelope for each animal validated. Validation envelope must be returned to local LSU AgCenter office with validation fee by specified deadline. The responsibility of tagging animals and collecting DNA/hair samples will be that of the exhibitor and/or parent. Agents/Ag Teachers MAY be present and can assist.
- Animals previously tagged for the 2014 Louisiana State Fair may utilize the State Fair tag to complete LSU AgCenter State Show validations. All animals must be tagged with an LSU Tag or State Fair tag to validate.
- Animals must be validated in either the exhibitors name or in family name (Family consist of parents, legal guardians, brothers, and sisters.). When official entry forms are turned in at the parish level animals validated in family name must be entered in the name of the exhibitor that will show the animal at the District and State Livestock Shows.
District and/or State Show manager must be notified within seven days after the validation deadline to be considered for a validation hardship. After contacting District and/or State Show Manager hardship forms must be immediately filed with supporting material and stating hardship. These hardships will be evaluated on a case by case basis by parish agent, district show manager, and state show manager. Only cases where it is determined to have been unavoidable will the exhibitor be allowed to validate. This decision will be final and not subject to appeal.