The Open Poultry Show will be held Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
, during the Rapides Parish Fair on the Rapides Parish Coliseum Fairgrounds at 5600 Coliseum Blvd. in Alexandria, Louisiana. Information about the Poultry Show is below.
- No mixed breed chickens will be allowed.
- Exhibitors will have no limit.
- Birds will be judged by the American Standard of Poultry Perfection (not in comparison), which requires purebred breeds only and no crosses.
- No exhibit other than one in good health and in good condition will be received in the show.
- Persons exhibiting poultry will do so at their own risk. The poultry will be given special care and attention and precaution will be taken to return the birds in good shape to owner.
- Birds may be entered as cockerels, pullets, cocks or hens.
- Rapides Poultry Club Open Show birds will be entered Friday, October 11, 2013, from 1:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Official release time for all birds is Sunday, October 3, 2013, at 4:00 p.m. The Rapides Parish Fair Association is not responsible for animals left after 6:30 p.m. There will be no exceptions.
- All 4-H birds will automatically be entered in the Open Poultry Show.
- All birds must be tested for thyphoid/pullorum will be done free of charge at the C. Dewitt Livestock facility from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 21, 2013.
- No birds over two years old will be allowed to show.
- Premiums paid are: 1st Place, $5.00; 2nd Place, $4.50; 3rd Place, $4.00; 4th Place, $4.00; 5th Place, $3.00.
Poultry classes of cockerels, pullets, cocks and hens will include classes accepted by American Standard of Perfection.
- Champion Standard - Rosette
Res. Champion Standard- Rosette
- Champion Bantam -- Rosette
Res. Champion Bantam -Rosette
- Champion Duck -Rosette
Res. Champion Duck - Rosette
- Best of Show – Rosette
All champions in these categories will receive a plaque.