With the holidays approaching it’s time to start thinking of ways to turn leftovers into planned-overs! Here is a quick and easy recipe for turkey leftovers. White Turkey Chili
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1/4 cup onion, chopped
• 1 cup celery, chopped
• 4 cups cooked turkey, chopped
• 2 cans (15.5 ounce) Great Northern beans, drained
• 2 cans (11 ounce) corn, undrained
• 1 can (4 ounce) chopped green chilies
• 4 cups turkey or chicken broth
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery, cook and stir 2-3 minutes. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan (at least 4 quarts). Stir well. Cover and cook about 15 minutes over medium heat stirring occasionally until thoroughly heated.
Source: Mary Torell, Public Information Officer, Nebraska Dept. of Agriculture, Poultry and Egg Division.