Students at Jesus the Good Shepherd School recently harvested their first vegetables from their school garden project. There are nine raised gardens, one for every grade level, and a perfectly working compost pile. All harvested vegetables and fruit will be utilized in the school's lunch program.
Assisting with Jesus the Good Shepherd School gardens are:
- Lise Caron, teacher at Jesus the Good Shepherd, who is responsible for the magnificent hands-on educational activites held in the garden areas.
- Melissa Miller, Northeast Louisiana Master Gardener, who volunteers and assist with garden project.
- Steven Hotard, Count Agent - Ouachita Parish Extension Office
- Markaye Russell, Associate Extension Agent (4-H Youth Development) - Ouachita Parish Extension Office
- Cathy Agan, Extension Agent (Family Nutrition Program) - Ouachita Parish Extension Office