Livingston Parish was created on February 10, 1832 and was originally part of the Florida Parishes. Livingston Parish was one of the earliest settled parishes, with both French and Spanish colonists settling here in the early 1700s in the Lake Maurepas area. Livingston Parish consists of 642 square miles on 410,880 acres. The geographical landscape of the parish varies from rolling terrain covered by slash pine and hardwood forests in the north to rich cypress forests and marshes that border on Lake Maurepas and the Amite River in the south. There has been tremendous population growth in recent years.
|4-H Youth Development|
|About the Parish|
|Advisory Leadership Councils|
|Agriculture & Natural Resources|
|Family & Consumer Sciences|