Amanda Simmons | 10/24/2014 7:49:45 PM
“Focus on Photography, Bicycle Adventures, Lift Off, Micro Magicians, See Them Sprout, Play the Role”……can you believe these are 4-H projects that any 9-19 year old can participate in when they become a member of the largest youth organization in the world? That’s right, today’s 4-H has a different face than the one of years ago. Yes, if you’re a 4-H’er, you can still raise a goat, rabbit, cow, lamb, horse or pig, but 4-H is MUCH more than just livestock. We offer something for everyone!
The Lincoln Parish 4-H program has over 36 project choices for 4th-6th graders, 50 for 7th-8th graders and 55 for 9th-12th graders. Whether you are interested in electricity, leadership, money fundamentals, health & fitness, writing a resume, public speaking, dramatic arts, pets, home design, fashion, forestry, gardening, photography, camping, bugs, first aid, microwave cooking, bicycles, making puppets, being a good citizen or working on small engines, 4-H has something for YOU! Lincoln Parish 4-H also offers project clubs for youth to become involved in to increase their mastery in a particular project area of interest to them. At present we offer a Horse Club, Livestock Club, Shooting Sports Shotgun Club, Shooting Sports Archery Club, and a Jr. Leadership Club for 7th-12th grade.
1 ½ cups uncooked macaroni noodles
2 cups hot water
8 ounces processed cheese
½ inch cubes
¼ cup milk
Measuring cups, 2-quart casserole dish with lid, spoon
1. Place macaroni and hot water in a microwavable 2-quart casserole dish. Cover with lid.
2. Microwave on High (100%) for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir.
3. Cover casserole dish with lid and microwave on High for 5 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
4. Carefully drain the noodles. You may want an adult to help with this step. There will be a lot of steam, and hot steam can cause burns.
5. Return noodles to the casserole dish.
6. Add the cheese cubes and milk. Stir.
7. Cover casserole dish with lid and microwave on High for 3 minutes. Stir.
8. Remove from microwave and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Don’t worry if it looks runny, the macaroni will absorb the milk during the standing time.
9. Serve and enjoy!
*Look at the bite and make a decision about the treatment.
*If the bleeding is not heavy, wash the bite area with soap and water for five minutes.
*Dry the wound with a clean towel.
*If the wound is swollen, apply and ice/cold pack for 10 minutes.
Are you surprised that 4-H has so much to offer? The 4-H agents in the Lincoln Parish LSU AgCenter office, Amanda Simmons and Gary Stockton are always available to discuss 4-H opportunities (318-251-5134).