Franklin Parish was established in 1843 through the efforts of John Winn, a pioneer of this section of Louisiana. The parish was named "Franklin" in honor of Benjamin Franklin. Winnsboro was designated the parish seat of government in 1846. Franklin is rich in agriculture and natural resource industries. The parish is home to a diverse variety of crops including corn, cotton, grain sorghum, rice, soybean, pasture and hay. The parish is home to catfish, recreational ponds, beef cattle, horses and sweet potatoes.
|4-H Youth Development|
|About the Parish|
|Advisory Leadership Councils|
|Agriculture & Natural Resources|
|Community Economic Development|
|Family & Consumer Sciences|
|Faculty & Staff|