Entries for the Leaf Identification contest are due to the Caldwell Parish 4-H office by Friday
, Oct. 30, 2015Rules
- Leaves must be collected during the current school year.
- Submit a binder of 15 pages of leaves, one leaf per page.
- Tape each leaf on a separate piece of construction or copy paper.
- Identify each leaf using a pen or marker. Be specific when identifying leaves. For example, if a leaf is from a Southern Red Oak, write Southern Red Oak, not just oak. If the leaf is from a Longleaf Pine tree, write Longleaf Pine, not just pine.
- Write contestant's name, school and grade on the front cover of the binder.
- A notebook of a variety of leaves -- 60 points
- 15 different leaves -- 10 points
- Neatness of work -- 30 points
Total -- 100 pointsDivisions
1. Grades 4 - 5
2. Grades 6 - 8
3. Grades 9 - 12
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in all divisions.Sponsors:
The Caldwell 4-H Foundation