Jimmy Mccann, Bennett, Jana | 12/19/2006 11:14:07 PM
The 4-H Communications and Career Contest gives Caldwell 4-H members the opportunity to showcase their skills in public speaking, interview or presenting a method demonstration.
The 2017 Caldwell 4-H Communications and Career Contest will be held on Monday, Jan. 23 at Union Central Elementary School. The contest will begin at 9:00 a.m. and is open to all Caldwell Parish 4-H members. Contestants will already be informed of presentation or interview time schedules.
1) You must pre-register!! Call the Caldwell 4-H office at (318) 649-2663 by Wednesday, Jan. 18 to register for this contest.
2) Communications and Career Day will consist of demonstrations, career preparation interview and commodity ambassador illustrated talks.
3) These brochures are available from the 4-H office upon request:
- Public Speaking project manual
- Personal Development project manual
- "What Is A Method Demonstration"
- individual or team of 2
- time limit of 10 minutes (points will be deducted for every minute over)
- must be a method demonstration, not an illustrated talk on any subject
- complete Ambassador Talk guidelines are attached at the bottom of this page
- egg, chicken, turkey, seafood and sugar illustrated talks
- parish winners will compete at the state contest to be held at LSU in Baton Rouge in April.
Career Preparation Interview
- Divisions will be Grades 4-5, Grades 6-8 and Grades 9-12
- Dress appropriately for short interview with judges (5 minutes or less)
First, second and third place winners will receive cash awards. All participants will receive ribbons.
State Farm and Caldwell 4-H Foundation
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture