When: Friday, Feb. 24, 2017
Why: To learn more about beef and beef products and their importance to human health.
How: Create a poster telling a story of beef and/or beef products.
The contest is divided into three divisions:
- Poster must be on 11x14 white poster board only.
- Place your name, address, age, grade in school and parish on the upper right corner of the back of the poster.
- Poster should generate positive images of beef and beef products and not portray negative images of other food products (i.e. chicken, pork, etc.).
- The finished poster should be appropriate for use on a billboard.
- Get ideas from magazines, parents, friends, nutrition bulletins, meat publications. Materials are also available from your butcher, local supermarket, The American Meat Institute or National Livestock and Meat Board.
- Do not use copyrighted material. Pictures, clip-art and materials (i.e. cartoon characters, advertisements, logos, etc.) that are copyrighted may not be used on the posters and will be disqualified.
- Computer generated clip-art may be used on the poster if it is not copyrighted material.
- Entries submitted after Feb. 24 will not be eligible to place first, second or third or win cash prizes.
Grades 4-6Division II
Grades 7-9Division III
Parish Sponsors: Caldwell Cattleman's and the Caldwell 4-H Foundation.
Parish: Participant ribbons will be given to all contestants. First place winners will receive a rosette ribbon. Cash awards will be given to first, second and third place winners.
State: A 4-H member is allowed to win each division only once at the state contest level.
1st place, $100; 2nd place, $50; 3rd place, $25.