Entries for the 2018 Beef Poster Contest are due to the 4-H office by Friday, Feb. 23, 2018. This contest is designed to encourage 4-H members to learn more about the beef industry while encouraging beef industry, product and nutrition promotion. Through creative and original thinking, participants will develop a visual form of marketing communication to convey thoughts and ideas. Participants are expected to create original work using resources wisely. The 2018 Beef Poster Contest theme is BEEF: IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER
- Poster must be on 22" x 28" poster board only.
- Write your name, address, age, grade in school and parish on the back of your poster in the upper right corner.
- Poster should generate positive images and promotion of beef (not live cattle production) using the indicated theme, without projecting any negative messages towards other agricultural commodities (chicken, pork, etc.).
- The finished poster should be appropriate for use on a billboard.
- Get ideas from magazines, parents, friends, nutrition bulletins, meat publications. Materials are also available from your butcher, local supermarket, The American Meat Institute or National Livestock and Meat Board.
- Do not use copyrighted material. Pictures, clip-art and materials (i.e. cartoon characters, advertisements, logos, etc.) that are copyrighted may not be used on the poster and the poster will be disqualified.
- Computer generated clip-art may be used on the poster if it is not copyrighted material.
- Entries submitted after Feb. 23 will not be eligible to place first, second or third or win cash prizes.
The contest is divided into three divisions:
Grades 4-6Division II
Grades 7-9Division III
- 20 points - Attracts attention and holds interest
- 20 points - Originality of poster
- 20 points - Conveys theme clearly
- 20 points - Accurate information and factual
- 5 points - Planned flow and good design
- 5 points - Easily read
- 5 points - Neat and well-constructed
- 5 points - Name, age, address and parish written on back upper right corner of poster
- 100 points - Total score
Parish Sponsors: Caldwell Cattleman's and the Caldwell 4-H Foundation.
Parish: Participant ribbons will be given to all contestants. First place winners will receive a rosette ribbon. Cash awards will be given to first, second and third place winners.
State: A 4-H member is allowed to win each division only once at the state contest level.
1st place, $200; 2nd place, $100; 3rd place, $50.