The Audubon Sugar Institute had its beginnings at the Sugar Experiment Station in Audubon Park in New Orleans and was founded by the Louisiana Planters Association in 1887. Dr. C.W. Stubbs was the first director of the station and a professor of agriculture. In 1890, a mill was started at the station. In 1891, the Audubon Sugar School was established, and the first sugar engineering course was offered.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture