Six individuals and three teams won top honors during the LSU AgCenter’s Annual Conference Dec. 18-19, 2006.
- Doyle Chambers Research Award – Lane Foil, professor, Department of Entomology.
- Rogers Excellence in Research Award – Donnie Miller, resident coordinator and weed scientist, Northeast Research Station, St. Joseph.
- Excellence in Extension Award – Johnny Saichuk, rice specialist stationed in Crowley.
- Floyd S. Edmiston Award – Claudette Reichel, housing specialist in the Department of Biological & Agricultural Engineering.
- Denver T. and Ferne Loupe Extension Team Award – Albert “Rusty” Gaude, fisheries and coastal issues agent based in Plaquemines Parish; Kevin Savoie, fisheries and coastal issues agent in Southwest Louisiana based in Lake Charles; and Mark Schexnayder, a fisheries and coastal issues agent based in Metairie, who also serves as the coordinator of the AgCenter’s hurricane recovery efforts in that area.
- Ganelle Bullock Staff Outstanding Service Award – Tammy Heil, administrative program specialist for the Louisiana Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Outstanding Service Award for Associates – Franklin “Randy” Wright, research associate, Central Research Station, Baton Rouge.
- 4-H Service-Learning Award – Angie Arnould, Jan Coussan and Charles Hebert, 4-H agents in Lafayette Parish.
(This article was published in the winter 2007 issue of Louisiana Agriculture.)