The Ganelle Bullock Staff Outstanding Service Award was established by Ms. Bullock to recognize the important role staff members play in furthering the mission of the LSU Agricultural Center . Without the assistance of staff members in positions ranging from clerical and farm support to nutrition educators and computer programmers, the AgCenter’s research and educational programs would not be possible. The Ganelle Bullock Staff Outstanding Service Award, presented annually, recognizes those staff members who consistently demonstrate the highest levels of performance and strive to bring to their work the qualities Ms Bullock promoted throughout her career with the AgCenter: commitment and loyalty to the organization, service, effectiveness, efficiency, creativity, excellence, leadership, integrity, self-development, a positive outlook, and care and concern for others.
- Current classified and non-classified AgCenter staff members (full-time and part-time) are eligible. (Academic, student and transient employees and graduate assistants are ineligible.) An employee may receive this award only once.
- A nominator may be any current AgCenter employee. An employee may nominate his/her subordinate, supervisor, co-worker or other individual he/she feels should be considered for this award.
- The nomination form must be signed by the nominator and one witness (also an AgCenter employee). The nominee’s unit head also must sign the nomination form. Nominations may be submitted without the unit head’s signature and the HRM Office or the reviewing committee will obtain it.
- The nomination must be typewritten and only one person may be nominated per form. A copy of the nominee’s job description must be attached to the nomination.
- The nomination should be brief, to the point, and limited to 1-2 typewritten pages (additional pages will be discarded). Specific illustrations of how the nominee fulfills requirements of the indicated categories will be most helpful to the reviewing committee in evaluating the application.
- Do not submit letters of recommendation and supplemental material as they will not be considered.
- As with any organization with diverse positions, it is recognized that different positions provide different opportunities to excel. For example, a position with a high level of clientele contact may provide regular opportunities for service. A position involving coordination of numerous activities may provide regular opportunities for leadership. To counterbalance this aspect, the reviewing committee will be asked to evaluate the individual’s performance against the potential of his/her position.
- The most important consideration for the award is the individual’s job performance, not their job duties. Therefore, rather than outline the nominee’s duties, the nomination should focus on describing how the nominee has demonstrated superior work performance.
Selection of Award Recipient
- The nominations will be reviewed by the HRM Office to ensure eligibility criteria are met.
- Eligible nominations will be given to a reviewing committee consisting of two staff and two faculty members. The reviewing committee will meet and select the three top nominations.
- The three top nominations will be given to the Vice Chancellor for Research and the Vice Chancellor for Extension who will recommend one nominee to the Chancellor. The Chancellor will make the final decision.
- The award will include a $2000 stipend presented at Annual Conference.
Ganelle Bullock Staff Outstanding Service Award Nomination Form