News Release Distributed 05/27/14ST. JOSEPH, La. – The LSU AgCenter Northeast Research Station has scheduled a pest management and crop production field day for June 17 at the research station in St. Joseph.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. with a field tour beginning at 9 a.m., according to resident coordinator Donnie Miller. Tour subjects will include:
– Potential for use of drones in agriculture.
– Soil health.
– New herbicide technology.
– Effects of late planting of corn.
– Insect pest management.
– Irrigation: surge valves and sensors, salinity and the “phaucet” program.
– Disease management.
– Double-crop soybeans.
– Enhanced-efficiency nitrogen products.
Field tour speakers will include LSU AgCenter research and extension personnel, Miller said. In addition, several LSU AgCenter administrators will provide updates on programs of interest to producers, consultants and agribusinesses in northeast Louisiana.
The Northeast Research Station is located at 4589 Hwy. 605, St. Joseph. More information is available from Miller at 318-766-4607 or by email. Rick Bogren
Send to friend