LSU AgCenter
TOPICS
Services
AppsApps
FacebookFacebook
TwitterTwitter
BlogsBlogs
RSSRSS
LabsLabs
CalendarCalendar
FacilitiesFacilities
WeatherWeather
VideoVideo
AudioAudio
Go Local
4-H
eExtension.org
   St. John Parish
 

WELCOME TO ST. JOHN PARISH
151 East 3rd Street · P.O. Box 250 · Edgard, LA · 70049 - 0250
Phone: (985) 497-3261 · Fax: (985) 497-3409
Google Map Link

St. John the Baptist Parish was the second permanent settlement in Louisiana and established in the early 1720's by a group of Germans, hence becoming known as "La Cote des Allemands" or "The German Coast". Eight communities comprise the whole of St. John Parish. On the west bank of the river lies the sprawling towns of Lucy, Edgard and Wallace. This area is primarily agricultural. Rows and rows of sugar cane cover the fields. The east bank has LaPlace, Reserve, Lions, Garyville and Mt. Airy, each a thriving, bustling community. Industries follow along the river, including a chemical plant, sugar refinery, grain elevators and an oil refinery. Read more...

 

FEATURED PARISH INFORMATION
• Value of Extension• Soil Lab
• Plant Diagnostic Center• Parish Economic Profile
• State Livestock Show

Disaster Recovery Resources
Louisiana 4-H Museum
St. John Parish Government
Local 4-H Information
eXtension. more mind reach. extension.org

Disaster Recovery Resources
Louisiana 4-H Museum
St. John Parish Government
Local 4-H Information
eXtension. more mind reach. extension.org