LSU AgCenter
TOPICS
Services
AppsApps
FacebookFacebook
TwitterTwitter
BlogsBlogs
RSSRSS
LabsLabs
CalendarCalendar
FacilitiesFacilities
WeatherWeather
VideoVideo
AudioAudio
Go Local
4-H
eExtension.org
   St. Charles Parish
 

WELCOME TO ST. CHARLES PARISH
P.O. Box 1766 · Luling, LA · 70070
1313 Paul Maillard Road, Suite E · Luling, LA · 70070
Phone: (985) 785-4473 · Fax: (985) 785-4475
Google Map Link

St. Charles Parish, one of the original 19 parishes of the territory of Orleans, was created in 1807 from the county of the German Coast. By the early 1900’s, industry started moving into the Parish. In 1907, the first sawmill in the Parish opened. In 1908, the Louisiana Cypress Company began to harvest cypress in the area. The Cousins Canal was dug, and by 1912, over 100,000 feet of board lumber was floated out of it. Oil was discovered in St. Charles Parish in 1938 at Bayou Des Allemands. With the coming of the oil refineries, related industries also located in the Parish. Read more...

 

FEATURED PARISH INFORMATION
• Value of Extension• Soil Lab
• Plant Diagnostic Center• Parish Economic Profile
• State Livestock Show

Disaster Recovery Resources
Louisiana 4-H Museum
St. Charles Parish Government
Local 4-H Information
eXtension. more mind reach. extension.org

Disaster Recovery Resources
Louisiana 4-H Museum
St. Charles Parish Government
Local 4-H Information
eXtension. more mind reach. extension.org