Makes 6 servings
3 medium eggplants2 Tbsps. butter or margarine1 cup onion, chopped2 cloves garlic, minced½ pound mushrooms, chopped1 ½ cups cottage cheese1 cup cooked rice1 cup cheese, grated½ tsp thyme
1. Slice the eggplants in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the insides, sown to ¼” of the skin.
2. Chop the eggplant innards and cook in a skillet in butter or margarine with onions, garlic and mushroom over medium heat until the onions are clear and the eggplant is soft.
3. Combine all other ingredients and stuff the eggplant shells.
4. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Makes 4-6 servings
1 large eggplant½ pound sliced mushrooms1 ½ cups tomato sauce½ cup bread crumbs½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Place eggplant in a large pot of boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Drain and cool.
3. Cut into 1 inch pieces. Place in a greased casserole dish with mushrooms and tomato sauce.
4. Combine bread crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle top of the casserole.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Send to friend