LSU AgCenter
TOPICS
Services
AppsApps
FacebookFacebook
TwitterTwitter
BlogsBlogs
RSSRSS
LabsLabs
CalendarCalendar
FacilitiesFacilities
WeatherWeather
VideoVideo
AudioAudio
Go Local
4-H
eExtension.org
   Claiborne Parish
 

WELCOME TO CLAIBORNE PARISH
P. O. Box 299 · Homer, LA · 71040
507 West Main Street · P. O. Box 299 · Homer, LA · 71040
Phone: (318) 927-3110 · Fax: (318) 927-3190
Google Map Link

Claiborne Parish was created from Natchitoches Parish by Act No. 42 on March 13, 1828, and named in honor of the first American governor of Louisiana, William Charles Cole Claiborne. Homer, the present day parish seat of Claiborne Parish, was named for the Greek poet and was laid out around the Courthouse Square in 1850 by Frank Vaughn. The present day brick courthouse, built in the Greek Revival style, is one of four pre-civil war courthouses in Louisiana still in use today. The building, completed in 1860 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Read more...

 

FEATURED PARISH INFORMATION
• Value of Extension• Soil Lab
• Plant Diagnostic Center• Parish Economic Profile
• State Livestock Show

Disaster Recovery Resources
Louisiana 4-H Museum
Claiborne Parish Government
Local 4-H Information
eXtension. more mind reach. extension.org

Disaster Recovery Resources
Louisiana 4-H Museum
Claiborne Parish Government
Local 4-H Information
eXtension. more mind reach. extension.org