text version
Grant
 more...>Louisiana 4-H Museum>Hall of Fame>By Parish>Grant>

Walker, Rufus

Rufus Walker
Grant Parish
Year Inducted: 2008

Rufus Walker was responsible for donating and selling the first land to form Camp Grant Walker in the 1930s. The camp’s name is representative of Walker’s last name and Grant Parish. His land was the site of the very first 4-H Camp in Louisiana in 1922 where the youth camped out in tents.

Last Updated: 7/17/2009 12:14:48 PM

Have a question or comment about the information on this page?
Click here to contact us.